With this phrase, Knoll is able to summarize more than 80 years of history, the concept that stands behind the brand and their plans for future developments and improvements. And since the future starts now, with today’s post we are here to celebrate – together with the brand – the KN collection designed by Piero Lissoni.
Launched within the Salone del Mobile 2018, the collection is characterized by the sleekest design, with the intent of turning every moment into a precious opportunity to relax, chill and socialize, both at the office or in the privacy of your home.
When asked to describe the series of armchairs, Lissoni states that “this is a seating collection, a family of chairs with a modernist spirit, for which I have applied my usual proportions. In this project I have set out to reflect the entire history of Knoll”.
It features a range of materials that distinguish each piece, enhancing the refined essence that, while thinking ahead, is at the same time able to honour the great designs of the past. A base in polished or coated cast aluminium, can be swivel or not, is the continuum that links together the entire collection.
KN embodies the perfect mix of design, high end and luxury finishes, maximum comfort and attention to detail that have always characterized Knoll’s philosophy.
In further detail, the collection is composed by:
- KN 01: a swivel lounge chair with a minimalist tone able to offer maximum relaxation for those who choose it;
- KN 02 & 03: a high back swivel armchair with a headrest that can be paired to the matching footrest;
- KN 04: a low back armchair with four fixed legs with linear forms and a light metal structure;
- KN 05: a settee with the same linear forms and metal structure of the KN 04
- KN 06: a seating collection, available in a range of a few different variations, based on understated design and stylistic refinement;
- KN 07: a chair without armrests that epitomizes perfect harmony between the seat and structure, in totally smooth lines.
To further discover the series and to learn more about the designer that stands behind it, follow the KN Collection show by Knoll Here